Quantcast

FOSS4G branding

geo-spatial.org mailing list
Hello everyone!

First, I am happy to see such a great lineup of speakers for the
upcoming event on 7-8 October in București, really great!

I would like to ask you, at least put the thought in your heads as you
meet and share laughs on 7-8 October, if you would consider using the
"FOSS4G" branding for your future events (next year).

As you probably/definitely are aware, events using the FOSS4G name are
shared frequently through social media (such as with the #foss4g
hashtag), and benefit from wide exposure to people all over the world.

The only requirement really, since I know you already follow the FOSS4G
spirit, is to include the FOSS4G ribbon, or a variation of it, in your
event's logo.  It becomes quite fun to see so many representations of
the FOSS4G logo at regional and international events.

If you are wondering, I often reach out to regions all over the world -
I recently had this same discussion with the OSGeo-Finland chapter, who
hold their great local event each year, and are considering changing
branding to "FOSS4G" for their next year's event.

I just wanted to share my thoughts and plant this seed in your head, as
you head for more great networking at your 7-8 October event :)

Thanks everyone, and hello from Canada!

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
President Emeritus, OSGeo

------------------------------------
Posted by: Jeff McKenna <[hidden email]>

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:

Re: FOSS4G branding

geo-spatial.org mailing list
Dear Jeff,

Sorry for the late response. We were highly engaged in successful
carrying out our Bucharest seminar.

We humbly thank you for your interest and kind words for our regional
events and foss4g activities. When geo-spatial.org became the official
Romanian OSGeo Local Chapter (2010), the thought of branding our series
of seminars with "FOSS4G" did cross our minds. However, we just finished
the 17th edition of the series of Open Source Software for processing
and visualizing geospatial data and we know that it has become a brand
in itself, well known and recognized by the Romanian GI community.
Furthermore, foss4g is already in the name of the event, just that's in
Romanian.
Nonetheless, we will put this on our discuss agenda for the next
geo-spatial.org board meeting.

Warm regards,
Codrina

On 03/10/16 21:58, Jeff McKenna [hidden email]
[geo-spatial] wrote:

> Hello everyone!
>
> First, I am happy to see such a great lineup of speakers for the
> upcoming event on 7-8 October in București, really great!
>
> I would like to ask you, at least put the thought in your heads as you
> meet and share laughs on 7-8 October, if you would consider using the
> "FOSS4G" branding for your future events (next year).
>
> As you probably/definitely are aware, events using the FOSS4G name are
> shared frequently through social media (such as with the #foss4g
> hashtag), and benefit from wide exposure to people all over the world.
>
> The only requirement really, since I know you already follow the FOSS4G
> spirit, is to include the FOSS4G ribbon, or a variation of it, in your
> event's logo. It becomes quite fun to see so many representations of
> the FOSS4G logo at regional and international events.
>
> If you are wondering, I often reach out to regions all over the world -
> I recently had this same discussion with the OSGeo-Finland chapter, who
> hold their great local event each year, and are considering changing
> branding to "FOSS4G" for their next year's event.
>
> I just wanted to share my thoughts and plant this seed in your head, as
> you head for more great networking at your 7-8 October event :)
>
> Thanks everyone, and hello from Canada!
>
> -jeff
>
> --
> Jeff McKenna
> President Emeritus, OSGeo
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Jeff_McKenna

Posted by: Codrina Maria Ilie <[hidden email]>